Purchasing a home is arguably one of the biggest financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. As you start your hunt, don’t forget there will be other costs associated with your purchase then the price of the home. Here are 5 fees to keep in mind as you begin to budget.
Fees to Expect When Buying a Home
- Home inspection. This is a crucial step in the home buying process. The findings that come from the inspection can help you negotiate price and repairs. Generally, you can expect to pay between $300 to $500 depending on the home and the location.
- Title services. Title services encompass the transfer of the title from the seller and a thorough search of the property’s records to ensure to no one will pop up with a claim to the property. Additionally, you may need to buy title insurance which will protect the lender or your investment in the home.
- Appraisal fee. Before getting a loan, you will likely be required to get an appraisal of the home to determine its estimated value. This will be conducted by a third-party company and the cost can land anywhere between $300 and $1,000, depending on the size of the home.
- HOA fees. Many communities have a homeowners’ association that enforces monthly fees. This money is used for general maintenance and updates to areas like pools, parks, and more. Typical HOA fees are around $200 per month.
- Taxes. The taxes each buyer pays at the closing table differ, but it is not uncommon for it to be up to two months’ worth of county and city property taxes. Additionally, there may be taxes for the transfer of the home title.
Homes in Prescott , AZ Available Now
Listing information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
IDX Solution Provided by iFoundAgent.com 2020
PAAR Listing Data last updated 11/27/2020 11:21 PM MST.
Prescott Arizona area Real Estate Team – Julie and Dennis Jennings
Make us your number one Real estate Team for Prescott Arizona. We show dedication to finding the very best homes for you. Contact us anytime, and we would be glad to show you any homes in the Prescott Quad City Arizona area.