Being fire wise in Arizona’s drought seems to be an applicable topic given our current lack of rain and lack of much snow this past winter. Prescott National Forest already stepped up fire restrictions back in April, then the most recent restriction is now at Stage 2.
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or stove fire, including fires in developed campgrounds and improved sites.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun, except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations.
- Operating any internal combustion engine between the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Chain saws must have an operational spark arresting device.
- Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame.
Now as we move into the end of May, it’s not looking very promising for an enormous amount of rainfall.
We are all hoping this summers monsoon season will really pack a wet punch but that typically does not being until early July. This weekend plenty of folks will be out enjoying the Prescott Outdoors but we urge you to please use great caution.
Here are a few things you can do to be fire wise in Arizona.
Yavapai County’s website lists quite a few recommendations on being firewise.
Yavapai County Wildfire Community Preparedness Month
“May is coming to an end; have you prepared for wildfire season?
As the warm weather increases so does the potential for wildfires. Yavapai County of Emergency Management wants to remind residents of Yavapai County that, “It’s Too Late When Told to Evacuate!” Be Firewise by having a plan in place before you are told to evacuate.
The Yavapai County annual FREE slash drop-off program expires on Monday June 1st. Please don’t forget to take advantage of this program while you are cutting away vegetation 5 to 30 feet from all structures and removing all debris and dead vegetation from roofs, decks, and the ground around your home.
The City of Prescott will also be offering a FREE Slash drop-off program at the Sun Dog transfer station, each Saturday during the month of June.”
Prescott Arizona Homes Available Now for under 1 million
Listing information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
IDX Solution Provided by iFoundAgent.com 2019
PAAR Listing Data last updated 8/21/2019 2:57 AM MST.
Prescott Arizona Real Estate Team – Julie and Dennis Jennings
Let us help you find your Prescott Arizona dream home. Contact us if you see any homes you like in Prescott Arizona, and we can schedule a time to view the homes with you.