Organic food on a budget in Prescott, AZ
Organic food usually tastes better, and is better for you, but it can also be very expensive compared to non-organic products. Organic food can cost nearly 50 percent more, thanks to the extra labor required to produce it and consumers’ demand exceeding supply.
So how do you get tasty organic food without spending a ton of extra money? Follow these tips to get more bang for your buck.
Shop at farmers’ markets: You can get fresh organic produce for far less at a farmers’ market than you’d pay at the grocery store. It’ll taste just as good, and you’re getting your food straight from the source. Our local Prescott Farmers Market is open every Saturday in Prescott. The winter hours are still in effect. We love all the vendors there!
Choose seasonal produce: Out-of-season produce usually has to be imported, and that can really drive up the price. Focus your meals on in-season fruits and vegetables so that you don’t end up paying $6.00 for a pound of organic asparagus. Asparagus is available right now at the local Prescott Sprouts and it’s on sale! Now we can enjoy Sprouts in Prescott and Prescott Valley.
Natural Grocer in Prescott is another source for some wonderful organic foods.
Shop more frequently, and plan your meals around bulk sales: The trick here is to only buy what’s needed for your meals, and to only plan for a week of meals at most. That way you’re less likely to throw food away, because you can use leftover produce for more meals before it goes bad.
Grow your own: A home vegetable garden will provide some extremely cheap organic produce, and gardening can also be a fun and rewarding hobby. Several years ago we decided to build a green house- now we have fresh produce year round direct from our own back yard.
Organic dining in Prescott, Arizona
There are several restaurants in Prescott that serve organic and local fresh foods. A few that top our list are…
- The Local: “We have teamed up with Legacy Beef, Chino Valley and Nowhere Farms, and other local businesses to bring you fresh meats, produce, jams, etc. At The Local, you can be assured that everything is made from scratch, with the finest ingredients.” One of our favorite places for breakfast- and great cinnamon rolls.
- BiGA: Their local beef burger is beef from the Broken Horn D Ranch– one of our favorite vendors from the Farmers Market.
- Farm Provisions: Just a few doors down from our Prescott office. We really love their salads, but everything is wonderful. “Our slogan “ simple food elevated” will be instilled in our seasonally changing menus utilizing local farmers, ranchers, and other AZ purveyors freshest seasonal products available as well as supporting our local community in Prescott. “
- Atmesfir: “Sourcing the best local ingredients at the peak of their season. Our vision is to cook and present with eloquent simplicity. “
- The Raven: This place has been open for years and is still a favorite hang out in Prescott, AZ. The Raven offers great live music performance, great coffee and wine and beer selection. They also have a wonderful organic menu. They also have a rooftop patio downtown with views of Thumb Butte.
BUT there are many more! As more people move into the area, the demand for local and fresh and organic increases.
Homes in Prescott AZ Available Now
Listing information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
IDX Solution Provided by iFoundAgent.com 2019
PAAR Listing Data last updated 10/14/2019 10:21 AM MST.
Prescott Arizona Real Estate Team – Julie and Dennis Jennings
Make us your number one Real estate Team for Prescott Arizona. We show dedication to finding the very best homes for you. Contact us anytime, and we would be glad to show you any homes in the Prescott Arizona area.